In 2009 a study published in the European Journal of Gastroenterology and Hepatology was performed on 83 patients over a two-year period. The results are astonishing showing over 70% of patients reporting improvement in their symptoms by adding Chiropractic and no patients reported any worsening of symptoms.
Research demonstrates that proper chiropractic and spinal adjustments many other issues besides neck and back pain are helped. Chiropractic doesn’t claim to “cure” anything, but it allows the body to heal and function itself at as close to optimum as possible. This is achieved through adjustments to the spine, which allows the nervous system to regain proper function and healing which leads to a heathier nervous system in healthier humans.
- 71% of the patients reported an improvement in the average severity of their symptoms.
- 29% of the patients reported no change.
- No patients reported any worsening of their symptoms.
- 45% reduced their use of dyspepsia drugs!
- Chronic dyspepsia has a low incidence of self-resolution and a natural history of deterioration.
This study indicates that chiropractic management can have a highly significant positive impact on gastro-esophageal reflux disorder symptoms. Non-drug related solutions are needed for people suffering with digestive complaints. 15 Million men and women suffer from digestive disorders in the United States daily, along with hundreds of millions worldwide. Medical intervention usually involves medications or even surgeries. Often PPI drugs are used. Research has revealed that by blocking the creation of gastric acids in the stomach, PPIs can also block the absorption of minerals into the body.
This has linked them to:
- Chronic kidney disease (CKD) – a longstanding disease of the kidneys leading to renal failure
- Acute kidney injury (AKI) – a condition in which the kidneys suddenly can’t filter waste from the blood
- Acute interstitial nephritis (AIN) – Swelling between the kidney tubules
- End-stage renal disease (ESRD) – A longstanding disease of the kidneys leading to renal failure due to the kidney’s inability to purify blood
- Certain infections
- Bone fractures
Years of study and training reveals where every major nerve runs in the body and what it supplies. Chiropractic does not seek to cure the multitude of digestive conditions and complaints, but it is to correct spinal biomechanics and nerve irritation. Chiropractic care can result in a healthier nervous system and a healthier human being. Share the good news of Chiropractic with someone you know!